This photo of the Capitol Complex appeared in the magazine, Picture History Portfolio, published by the New York Times in 1923. Notice that most of the Old 8th Ward had been demolished, and new buildings were in the process of being erected. The only building from the 8th appearing in this picture is the Russ House, located at Fourth and North Streets, probably because it was still being used as government offices at that time.

 

Home | Site Map |Contact Us | ©2004 All rights reserved. Contact the webmaster at snpg@old8thward.com.