Next >    

 

The corner of Walnut and Short Streets, looking at 428 and 430 Walnut. The corner was often referred to as "Benitz Corner."


In this photograph, probably dating between 1910 and 1915, this building housed Harrisburg's Cash and Carry Grocery, featuring a modern Bell telephone and a traditional delivery wagon, visible to the left. (See Grocers)

The corner had served numerous butchers between 1894 and 1917. (See Butchers)

Photo courtesy of the Pennsylvania State Archives

 

Home | Site Map |Contact Us | ©2004-2005 All rights reserved. Contact the webmaster at snpg@old8thward.com.