Next >    

 

The corner of Walnut and Cowden Streets as it looked after demolition of the 8th had begun. Notice that the building on the left corner is gone.

 

The building on the right corner, 600 Walnut, is still open and selling ice cream. In 1902, this building housed Steinbright & Krause's paper store. (See Paper and Candy)

Beside this is 602 Walnut is Carr's Restaurant. (See Photo #85 and Cafes )

Photo courtesy of Pennsylvania State Archives

 

Home | Site Map |Contact Us | ©2004-2005 All rights reserved. Contact the webmaster at snpg@old8thward.com.